What Experts Are Called In To Assist In A Personal Injury Case?

The first and foremost experts that we use are medical experts and specialists, including psychiatrists or psychologists or neurologists.

We use the treating doctors but we also hire our own experts to assess clients and to provide reports that assist us in looking into that person’s future, to try to determine what level of injury or pain they are going to be dealing with.

That is a difficult process, but once we have an idea, then we hire other experts, including economists and actuaries to look at the financial implications of the injury. We also use vocational experts who can help determine if the injured person is able to return to work or not. They may be able to return to work, but are they able to go back to their old job? Perhaps they may be only able to work part time or modified hours, and they may need a different job, one that maybe pays them less money. We have to then quantify those losses, using an economist and actuaries. These experts help us to predict within reason, what that person’s future is going to look like, so that we can then calculate the losses which are associated with the injuries.

If you, or someone you care about, is dealing with Personal injury law issues in the London, Ontario Region, contact Lomax Law Firm.

This article is taken from a June 5, 2008 interview with Rein Lomax, LL.B., Personal Injury Lawyer with Lomax Law Firm Professional Corporation in London, a Personal Injury Law Firm. Note that laws vary from province to province. Please consult with a lawyer in your own area to be sure of the laws and specific issues in your own jurisdiction.