Passing Language Grade Made Must

The Canadian Experience Class program began in the summer of 2009 and helps temporary residents of Canada, specifically work permit holders and study permit holders, become permanent residents. The program is designed for those who have been working for two years or have been in post-graduate studies in Canada with one year working experience in a specific profession/job. It is a much faster system than the Federal Skilled Worker program, which can take three to five years for someone to become a permanent resident of Canada. The Canadian Experience Class program averages a waiting period of between seven and eight months currently (April, 2010).

In addition to the 2-year acceptable working period, the criteria for acceptance include a Language Skills test and a criminal background check. Previously, an applicant could write the Language Skills test more than once in order to get an acceptable grade. Now, the applicant can still write such test more than once, but the results must be satisfactory on the date of the application. When the program began, people could have an application on file and write the test as often as they needed until they achieved a passing grade. As of April 10th, 2010, an applicant will have had to achieve a passing grade before submitting an application. This is an important change to be aware of so that valuable time is not wasted submitting an application that cannot be successful. Depending upon the testing centre, the applicant may have to wait 3 months between attempts to successfully pass the test.
If you, or someone you care about, is dealing with immigration law issues in the Kitchener, Ontario Region, contact Jennifer Roggemann Law Office for a consultation.

This information is taken from an interview from March 2010 interview with Jennifer Roggemann, Immigration Lawyer with Jennifer Roggemann Law Office, a Kitchener Ontario Canada Immigration Law Firm. This article is provided as an information service only and should not be used as legal advice. Laws vary by jurisdiction so please consult with an appropriate legal professional if you are looking for help with a specific situation.