Canadian Experience Class
Basic Required Qualifications:
- 1. You plan to reside outside of Quebec;
- 2. You must show your language proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages:
a. National Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A – at minimum, you must score 5 points out of the 9 point test score in reading, writing, speaking and listening (ILEST – General)
b. NOC0, B – at minimum, you must score 4 points out of the 9 point test score in reading, writing, speaking and listening (ILEST – General)
- 3. If you are an international student, you must complete two academic years under the study permit to be completed with a degree, diploma or qualifying certificate, and complete one full year working experience (1950 hours in 12 months) with a work permit in a NOC 0, A or B occupation.
- 4. If you are a working permit holder, you must complete two full years (3900 hours in 24 months) under a working permit in a NOC 0, A or B occupation.
Some things to watch out for:
- a. Your study permit or working permit must be issued legally and have been maintained correctly in order to comply with all the conditions of such permits.
- b. For a working permit holder option under section 4, you must apply within 12 months from the completion of your two full years of work.
- c. For an international student under section 3, you must have one full year work experience within 24 months from the date of submitting your application.
- d. Off-campus work experience and co-op work experience do not count as one year work experience under section 3.
- e. You cannot have self-employment or business experience as your work experience.
- f. You are not required to work or to study while your application is in progress. In fact, you are not required to be in Canada while your application is in progress.
- g. You cannot take distance courses for your academic requirements.
- h. You cannot use your ESL courses for your academic requirements.
If you, or someone you care about, is dealing with immigration law issues in the Kitchener, Ontario Region, contact Jennifer Roggemann Law Office for a consultation.