No More Sponsorship For Parents and Grandparents Until Further Notice

November 7, 2011 by  
Category: Featured, General, Immigration Law, Sponsors

Comments Off

As of November 5th, 2011 (last Saturday), Citizenship and Immigration Canada will not accept any sponsorship applications to sponsor parents or grandparents until further notice or for 24 months (until November 4th, 2013) because the waiting period for parents’ and grandparents’ sponsorships is currently longer than 4 years. All applications received by Centralized Processing Centre […]

The Eligibility Requirements When Sponsoring A Spouse To Come To Canada.

October 7, 2008 by  
Category: Sponsors

Comments Off

There are many conditions that apply to you when you are sponsoring a spouse or a family member to Canada. First of all, you have to be 18 years of age or older. You have to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident. And, you either have to reside in Canada or intend to […]

How A Refugee Can Bring His Or Her Spouse To Canada

October 3, 2008 by  
Category: Refugees, Sponsors

Comments Off

If someone has convention refugee status and they have a spouse overseas, they need to indicate on their application that they have a spouse overseas that they want included in their application. The spouse can be added to the application of the convention refugee for permanent residence provided that the spouse shows up within 6 […]

The Qualifications For Common Law And Conjugal Partners When Sponsoring A Spouse To Canada.

September 24, 2008 by  
Category: Sponsors

Comments Off

To qualify as common-law partners you have to live together in a conjugal relationship for a period of 12 months preceding your application. A conjugal relationship means more than simply a sexual relationship. It means that you’ve made a commitment to each other to put your lives together and that includes mutual exclusivity of sexual […]

Canadian citizens living abroad can sponsor spouses and partners

July 11, 2006 by  
Category: General, Sponsors

Comments Off

Dear Mr. Mamann: Q. I am a Canadian citizen and have been working abroad as a teacher for the past four years. My girlfriend is a British citizen and has a university degree from England. She is also teaching. We have lived together in a third country for two years and have a joint bank […]

Next Page »